Monday, July 9, 2012

{playing}

I'm pretty sure this is my first blog post that is accompanied by a warning.  ;)  There is a new baby in the house, no - not that kind of baby, this kind.


I've never had or used an SLR so it is slow going for this tech challenged gal.  :)  So bare with me until I get it right, until then the photos shown here may be not so stellar.

I visit Laurel's blog as often as I can!  Her design are fresh and full of happy.  :)  She has a fun challenge blog called Inspired ByI finally got the time to play. 

This is the fabulous photo inspiration for Challenge #31


Isn't it darling? I love the cottage look and these great colors. Here is my card.


Not only did I take the colors from the photo, I also used stripes from the chair cushions. The banner was inspired by the hanging pot holder and the wood window from the white wood cupboards.  Thanks for a great inspiration challenge. Laurel!

I used a Page Maps sketch for that card and for this one as well:


I had some yummy new Elle's Studio tags to play with and they worked great with this paper from LYB.


The hot and humid weather has finally let up over the last 2 days!  Hoping to head to the park this afternoon with the boys.  Hope your day is full of lots of happy!




9 comments:

  1. Cute cards! Congrats on the new baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, adorable card! Haha about the "new baby". I am still trying to figure out all those fancy settings. Auto mode is always great for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a an awesome card!! Enjoy the new baby...you will love it and have the hang of it in now time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new camera.....I love my SLR! Super sweet cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovin your cards Jan and your new baby! Congrats!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Jan! Can't wait to see what you do with your new baby :) I love your cards Laurel's inspo photo is so pretty & your interpretation is lovely. Loving those Elle's tags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, what a fun use of a doilie! Love it, and your inspiration is fab too. Have fun playing with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new camera! I love your cards, especially the first one, love the doily and the bits! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy