Saturday, November 12, 2011

{card sharks} week 1

The Nook is keeping us busy with the Card Sharks contest!  Hilde's challenge is based on the UNO card game and  has us featuring the number 1 on a card.  I love a little banner on a card and had this number 1 left over so I came up with this birthday card.

Happy Birthday

Paper:  MME and EP, Number sticker: MME, Sentiment: SRM, Punches: Fiskars, Marvy

It is a lovely fall day here in Michigan!  There was frost on the ground when we woke up, but it has been sunny all day.  I am thankful I got to have breakfast with my bestie this morning after having all the boys' hair cut!  Hoping to work on the last challenge of the week today. 

Happy Saturday!  Remember, "if you want to be happy, be".


6 comments:

  1. hi Jan! I love this bright, happy card! The center banner w/strung banner on top is so fun! Love all of the little white stars too. It was a nice day here too! I started painting my bedroom (stop laughing!). Got the ceiling and trim done, cleaning and de-cluttering as I go. hugs, patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I love the color combo and the center banner is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color combo is fabulous! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banner theme, Jan! And the color combo is striking! Thank you for playing the Card Shark Challenge at MyScrapbookNook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is one gorgeous card - my all time favorite color combo and clean repetition of that banner shape - brilliant friend! Hope you had a nice weekend - sounds like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice! I love that banner and the red with teal combo!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy