Friday, August 12, 2011

{card and a half}

I've come across a new Card Challenge blog thanks to a visit to Liz's blog!  Liz makes beautiful cards.  Beautiful flowers, wonderful shapes with some lovely touches of bling and pearls.  We share a mutual admiration for SRM Stickers too.  :)   Because I'm a link follower (if you give a mouse a cookie...) I went to the Card and a Half challenge blog.  They have a monthly sketch challenge with an extra challenge thrown in for fun!  I did the extra challenge which is to create a card with flowers on it.

 
{mr. & mrs.}


Here is a close up of the bow:

I used a mix of old and new on this card.  I started with an older sketch from Lucy  (that I cant get to show up here for some reason). The striped pink paper is old Making Memories and the striped ribbon is older SEI.  The white flowers I bought yesterday.  I pulled out their center and replaced it with the pink roses.  To finish it off, a new We've Got Your Sticker Sticker Sentiment from SRM!

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope happy finds you today!



8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh LOVE this!!! such a striking card and LOVE the bow work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Just stunning! Love what you did with the ribbon and the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la Jan this is so beautiful, I LOVE those flowers, love what you did with that bow, I must try that! Such an elegant Mr and Mrs card - **sigh** don't you just love those stickers! So glad you "followed the cookie crumbs" and played along at card and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a keepsake that card is! That bow is perfection - how'd you do that? Love your mix of pattern - that Authentique type pattern is one of my new faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love what you have done with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card. Yes the ribbon looks awesome.. Thanks for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy