Saturday, January 1, 2011

{everyday} art journal

With the turning of the clock last night and the passing of another year came a realization that I need to make some changes in my life. Not resolutions. Changes.  Resolutions are too easy to give up on, too easy to forget. Too easy to let go of half way through.  Changes should be permanent, if not adjustable. 

While there are a few things I need and want to work on, an art journal is something I really didn't have an interest in.  From what I have seen, they looked like a lot of work and I'm so not "artsy".  But Ive watched Karen work on hers and I had an aha moment.  An art journal doesn't have to be perfect.  It doesn't have to be pretty.  All it needs to be is mine.  My ideas.  My words.  My creativity.  The freedom to do and write what I'm feeling.  AHA!   Then I saw my friend, Val was participating in  Julie's Art Journal Project and thought, why not?  Why not indeed.  It has me very excited.  Julie's philosophy is simple; take 10 minutes a day to nurture your creative self.  10 minutes.  I can do that.  I need to do that.  I think this is a good way to start working on the changes I need to make.  Art heals.  Art nurtures. Art breaths life. 

Here is to changes, an art journal and a word for 2011:

Day 1:  renew

I will be making my art journal out of these manila tags.  Incorporating a bit of my stash into each of my projects is one of the changes I'd like to make this year.  While I'm renewing, I would like to be reducing the amount of stuff I have.
Happy New Year. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you create Jan! I think its a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cool idea! And I have this empty 7 gypsies spinner thing. This might just be the thing to do. Can't wait to see your creations...

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy