Sunday, July 4, 2010

234 Years Young

Happy Birthday America!


Of course I wasn't just being patriotic when I made this. *laugh* I made it work for a couple challenges too.
Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings is having a Patriotic Challenge.  I applied some Ribbon Stiff to some lovely red and white Strano Ribbon and wove it in a basket weave pattern.  Punched some stars for the blue squares and used my Slice for the big star.  Scored and folded it to give it some dimension and popped it up with some foam dots.  Added a layered sentiment and a star button and there you go!

This card also worked for the challenge over at Party Time Tuesdays.  They are having an "Anything Goes Birthday" challenge this week.  To be considered for the top 3 you need to have your card linked to them no later than 8:00 EST tonight.  They post a new challenge every Tuesday. 

Have a safe and happy 4th, friends!!

7 comments:

  1. Dang cute card! Oh my Jan! LOVE the weaved ribbon and that dimensional star! Wowza girl...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Jan on your amazing cards.. they are all so beautiful, fabulous, inspiring and the design is great.. hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a cute card! Love the ribbon:) I hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for coming to the party at PTT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card! There isn't a thing I don't love about it! I'll have to remember the scoring idea on stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Girl, you amaze me! Hope you had a very happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! Fabulous card!
    RRR Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy