Sunday, June 27, 2010

[old school]

Talk about old school! I can't believe this EK Success Paperkin has made it through the various purges I have had over the past 10 years!   When they came out in the year 2000, I had 2 young boys. These dolls were so cute and they came in a variety of adorable outfits.  Back then cute boy embellies were hard to come by, so I bought a lot of these.  Must be why I still have a couple hiding in the dark recesses of my stash. 

Anyway, Scarlett over at My Sketch World has a cute "Play Dress Up Challenge" card challenge this month and the challenge over at Party Time Tuesdays is to use red, white and blue so this little guy covers all the bases, pardon the pun.  *laugh*



Happy Sunday, friends!

13 comments:

  1. this made me giggle. i hear you on the stash. just used a jolee's 3-D beach embellishment on a layout yesterday.
    This is a super cute boy card! The sentiment work is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to use your stash!! Well, you hit a home run (hehe...couldn't resist!) Thanks for showing up to the party at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me giggle too! Super cute baseball card and great use of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the sentiment with your little ball player! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperkins predated my scrapbooking obsession but I've been hearing a lot about them lately. You sure made a cute card with this guy - one any little boy would love to have. Very cute Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great little card - and it always feels good to use up stash! Really creative take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! I too remember these and having tons of them and making some of my own! What do you think the chances of these making a comeback are?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Jan to CC&M!
    This is such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! You know the best thing about old supplies? Only we papercrafters know they are old. Anyone else who sees this will just think it's cute! Welcome aboard the CC&M team! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Jan!! Would you believe I still have some of these, too?? LOL - I've been thinking about getting mine back out - thanks for the "push"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this adorable card and your little baseball guy is super cute! I am kicking myself right now for getting rid of my stash of these!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy